Carbon Footprint Policy Statement
The Rizues Limited (Company) is committed to reduce its environmental impact, where practicable. Carbon reducing measures will form an integral part of the overall Company strategy and will help to improve both operational performance and a reduction in potentially harmful emissions to land, water and air. Our aim is for a 0% carbon balance to be achieved within a realistic and achievable period.
Target date will be set once the directors have analysed all business operations. To help achieve carbon neutrality, the Company will;
- – Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to meet or better legislative targets.
- – Minimise waste; promote recycling, and the use of recycled products to help reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill.
- – Continue to promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees, suppliers, and others and seek to continuously improve Company environmental performance
- – Actively promote “video conferencing” as a means of reducing travelling
- – Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon off-setting
Actions developed to date include;
- – Integration of environmental issues into all aspects of the decision making processes
- – Sustainable sourcing Purchasing Policy
- – Installation of energy efficient devices, and therefore carbon reducing equipment throughout Company premises
- – Vehicle sharing policy
- – The use of public transport wherever practical
- – Procurement of fuel efficient vehicles
This policy clearly identifies the responsibilities and procedures for achieving the Company’s stated objectives in all aspects of its activities leading to improved environmental performance, including reductions in both CO2, and methane emissions.